Monday, January 9, 2023

1/2 - 1/7

I had a pretty good training week. It was good. It was not pretty, but it was pretty good. Monday started off in the pool with 2,050. We didn't go back to work until Tuesday so I had more time. Even after we started back to work, I did not have to go in until 8:30, so this week will look different than next week. Later in the day, I ran 6.09 miles. I also hit the gym for a push workout that included 1:05 on the skierg.

Tuesday the swim was only 1,300 due to the tighter time constraints of going back to work. What was really different about this day, however, was the fact that I shuffled 8.15 miles the day after doing 6.09. That was the first back-to-back medium run I can remember doing. I went to the City and lifted.

Wednesday I hit 3,200 in the pool. How did that happen? Maybe I went in after work. Really, I don't remember right now. But I did a longish swim, and shortish run of 2.24 and a heavyish leg workout consisting mainly of squats.

Thursday I swam 1,100 yards, lifted weights and ran 2.72 miles. Friday I did not make it to the pool because I could not wait to put the Echo bike together. I ran 1.8, did 1:30 on the bike, another 1:30on the skierg, and lifted weights.

I slept in Saturday morning. The cats and I hung out while I tried to study, but that was difficult being coveredin cats. Around noon, I went out for my weekly long run and hit 19.41 miles. Yeah, that's a real long run, I don't care who you are. 

For the week, I

  swam 6,992 meters,
  lifted weights five times,
  skiergged 2:35,
  echo biked 1:30, and 
  ran 40.66 miles

For me, a 40-mile running week is big time. I only hit one in all of 2022 and that was 40.2, so this was my biggest weekly mileage in over a year, maybe two. Pushing the run like I am is making it difficult to get in decent swim yardage. I will do the best I can. The long run of 19.41 miles was good. My marathon is one month from that run. I need a 20-miler this week, then I can start cutting back a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment