Thursday, June 22, 2023

Videos Are Valuable

Wednesday morning, I stayed in bed. I was tired, and I thought a day of rest might help my JSS. It was also to be a full day of work, so I did not want to approach that short on sleep and long on stress. 

I taught my class, ate my lunch, and tried to take a nap. Before I could doze, however, it was time to go back to work, to help in Orientation at the Greenwood Center. This made my second Orientation of the summer and allegedly my last for the summer. We registered a few students. The ones I serviced signed up for classes on the Moorhead campus. Sigh.

When I finally got home for the day, I went to the City for legs. I cycled 9:15 plus 1:15 on the bike erg, shuffled 1.93 on the treadmill, and did my weights. On the weights, I did several sets of the hip abducotor/adductor machine, and squats. My top set wasn't that heavy, but I am working now more on reps than weight right now. Like Alaina and me watching our swimming videos and seeing problems, I videoed myself squatting awhile back. Something showed up. When the weight gets heavy, the bar path on my squat changes. Ideally, the bar path should stay the same. Thus I am working lighter weights for more reps in an effort to correct this.

So, I am still recovering from Saturday. I did not think it would take this long and it would not have if not for the JSS. Maybe next week I can get back to real training again. Help me, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment