Sunday, October 7, 2012

Sunday Summary

The Big River Man himself, Martin Strel
Thursday I ran 6.37 miles and intended to go to the pool but just didn't make it. Friday was travel day to Chattanooga. Forrest and I left about 9:00 and just did get there in time. Penny Palfrey and Martin Strel were there. I will do a full report and post more pictures later. Right now, here is a pic of Randy and me with Martin. I also got one with Penny. For the first time in my life, I was star-struck.

Forrest and I stayed on the Delta Queen again this year. Saturday, the swim went OK, although I was a bit disappointed that my time was six minutes slower than last year. The reason for that is two-fold: 1) I went out hard, really hard with the hope that I could hold. I could not. 2) The water flow was really low. By the time we finished, we were swimming in a lake. I did beat Randy Beets, but he swam much better than last year and cut the gap between us in half. If he does that again next year, we will be sprinting each other at the finish.

The water temp was 75, a bit warm for all the people from the North, but for me it was still cool but doable. Forrest and I ran the 4.57 miles from the swim end back to the Pot House.

For the week, I swam 19, 025 meters and completed my second Swim the Suck Ten-Miler. I ran 25.7 miles and walked 3.93 miles. Since it was race week, I did no weightlifting.

No comments:

Post a Comment