Monday, January 12, 2015

Spillover

The trying times I wrote about in my last post have not confined themselves to training but have spilled over into my work also. In short, the spring semester is starting with several of my classes not having made. I stand to lose a sizable amount of cash which I can ill afford to do. I know it sounds like I am always poor mouthing, but I am.

If I could console myself with training, at least that would be something. But alas, the foot is no better and the Endless Fool is still hot. This afternoon I think I will lift weights until my arms fall off. I was looking back at last year's training diary, and at least I am ahead in that regard, the weights. My upper body is way stronger than it was at this time one year ago. That's something.

Last week, 1/5-1/11 , I

ran 7.65 miles,
swam 6,375 meters,
walked 2.65 miles, and
lifted weights three times.

This week I can only hope to do all I am able at DSU, lift a lot, and maybe get another heat treatment at the Endless Fool.

The above was written Monday. Update: the classes didn't make. I was pretty despondent for a while. Financially, things will be tough, but already (Wednesday morning) I have become dizzy with the thrill of not having to work on Wednesday nights. I will never again go back to two night classes per semester. Never.

The foot is getting a little better, so I have diagnosed myself with having some sort of soft tissue issue, not a stress fracture. I think I will be able to run maybe late next week. Most likely, however, the Mississippi River Marathon is out.

Monday, I did a monster session on the weights which included thirteen sets of bench presses. Tuesday, I went to DSU where with sore muscles I swam

1,300
500 as 50 easy/50 fast
400 as 25 easy/75 fast
300 as 50 easy/50 fast
200 as 25 easy/75 fast
100 all out (1:18)
100 easy
8 X 50 breathing 3/5
6 X 50 5/7
4 X 50 9/9
end of Masters. Then I swan 3 X 600 with small paddles for a total of 5,700 short course yards.

Wednesday I did some more weights then went in for a heat treatment. The temp was down to 96. Believe you me, 96 is way way better than 100, but still hot. I made it for 33:46, stopping periodically to cool down. I even got the motor up to 4.5 miles per hour. Now I am home, relaxed, and typing this with Luvie curled up between my legs. The cats are happy, and Penny has a big grin on her face. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment