Friday, February 3, 2017

Back in the Water

I am so happy to be back in the water that I couldn't wait until Monday to post about it. Tuesday I showed up at Masters. I truly took it easy and only swam 2150. It was humbling to bring up the rear on every set, but right now soundness of body is the main thing. I hated getting out of the pool at 7:30 with so much time left on the clock. Actually, I have never shut the place down. The closest I came was to stay in until 8:45 once. But discretion is the better part of valor. Or so I have been told.

Thursday I was back and feeling a little more confident. I did push too hard on some of the 50s. I'll give the details on my weekly wrap up next week. But practice was longer, 3,100, and I swam harder. Now I am contemplating the drive back to the chlorine queen for another session. First, I must attend to some business relating to the Challenge. I need to secure the boat and a room. I'll write all about it Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment