Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Monday

I woke up on a Monday morning and I didn't have to go th work. That is such a nice feeling. Sunday night I had made a list of things to do. Number one was to study, which I did as soon as i sipped down a cou of starter fluid. With cats on the bed and coffee in my cup, I starte number two on the list: blog. I wrote my weekly report and started another post, a piece of fiction about the last days of a dying man. I'll post it when it is worthy. I only wrote a few sentences, but I made some notes.

Then I had a couple of errands to run. I went to the recycle bins to dump and then to the back to do my Christmas shopping. Next-- three guesses what I did-- you got it. I went to the pool. Lately, Monday had been test day. I have been making some swims for time to see where I am and how I am progressing. For the last three Mondays, I have swum a 500 with the results looking like this:

8:23
7:53
7:34

I did the 500 after warming up with 1,800. I not only set a PR in the 500, but I got one at 300 in the same swim. I glanced at my watch after flipping and gliding and after four 50s and the time was 3:03, down from my record 3:08.I did an easy 200 with small paddles ro recover while swimming and then did 50 for time. On the 50s, I peek at the watch when :

200 small paddles
150 kick with gins (my second round of these)
11 X 50 @ 1:09 ewyh medium paddles
150 kick with fins
200 small paddles
total (without kicking): 3,500 yards = 3,199 meters.

Since it was Over 60s night, I had to workout at Plate City alone. I did upper back and lost of my rotator cuff work. As a result of all that work, I woke up this morning a fraction of a pound lighter despite eating Larry's fish last night. A good day. As I type this, CC is on my right leg, purring hard and being the queen of the house. That's how I like it. Thank you, Jesus for good health and nice cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment