Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Not too Late to Donate

Monday began what is supposed to be my last week of summer school. I hope it is because I really need to recharge a bit. I did an easy 4.03 mile run, a little walking, and some swimming at Twin Rivers. At the pool I did a relaxed 1,600 meters and then got out. It's kind of nice not to have to obsess over the distance. The swim was refreshing, not tiring.

Tuesday I ran another 4.09 miles, did some more walking, and made my way to DSU where I swam

The Mad Swimming Scientist pondering our punishment
1,500
3 X 800 as 1st pull with paddles (12:14), 2nd pull no paddles (13:33), 3rd swim (14:02) :30 r on all
100 easy
8 X 50 as clear flags, 25 fast/25 easy @ 1:30
200 easy
Total: 4,600

Wednesday was the hottest day of the year thus far with the mercury at 94 when I ran. I did 7.35 in a multi-paced run that I made up as I went along. I did a 1.12 mile goal half marathon interval, and a couple of faster, shorter intervals. I was then reduced to a survival shuffle barely going as fast as a brisk walk. But I was satisfied because I got the distance in with some quality on a very hot day. After I cooled down and drank a recovery shake, I put my jammer on and drove to the pool. Dang it! It was closed for a private party so I went home, took a bath, and put on my night night clothes.

Now I face a stack of student papers and another pile tomorrow. But then I should have a little more time to train, work in the yard, and see the grandchildren. Life is good.

Luvie posted a PSA on Facebook this morning and someone responded with a donation. That cat is something. It's not to late to donate. Go to www.msdiabetes.org and give under the Chicot Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment