Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Short Report

Finally, my numbers started getting where they need to be to do the things I have planned over the next few months. Monday, I started week six of my Great Noxapater Journey Run training with a short trainer ride (16:45) followed by an easy 2.36 mile run. After the run, I did my deadlift routine and then went to Twin Rivers for 4,300 meters of swimming. Tuesday, I did a multi-paced run of 7.56 miles. The multi-pacing included a tempo rep (1.19 miles) and three fast (for me) quarter mile intervals. I was pretty trashed when it was over, but it felt good. I drove over to DSU. They moved the bulkheads back to short course. I really dislike short course, but it's water and it's better than a poke in the eye. We swam

1,000
400 easy
50 fast
300 easy
50 fast
250 easy
50 fast
200 easy
50 fast
150 easy
50 fast
100 easy
50 fast
50 easy
50 fast
400 easy
Total: 3,050 yards = 2,787 meters.

Wednesday I went to the fish farm for the first time since May, I think it was. Randy is ready to start training again since the Suck is coming up in October so I called David to see how the water temps are running. He told me they were pumping up a couple of new ponds. This means no weeds, no fish, and cool water. Yehaa! I had to check them out. I drove out and David showed me the new swimming holes. Despite the fact I had a new pond with cool, clean water, I had little energy and tapped out after only 2.88 miles (4,633 meters). I did some running and posted a pic on Facebook. Randy saw the picture and went crazy. We made plans to swim long Saturday.

Thursday I ran 6.27 miles and swam 4500 meters at Twin Rivers. I also did a very light upper body weight lifting session. This was the fist time since I injured my shoulder. I couldn't do much, but I did a little and that was encouraging. Friday I swam another 2,300 meters and ran 3.79 miles.

Randy and I didn't swim Saturday because I got the call to preach the funeral of a guy I grew up with. It was a great honor for me to do the service. Gary Minyard was a super guy, and he died way too young. He left a lot of friends and many broken hearts. That afternoon, I went out for a run. I had no plan when I went out the door; I just needed a run, and I wanted to think about Gary. When it was over, I had covered 6.53 miles, most of it easy, but I did throw in three hard quarter miles.

I almost never do anything other than preach and rest on Sunday, but after church at Moorhead, I preached the Gary's graveside service at 2:00 pm. The Saturday service was in Ridgeland. The Sunday service was in Greenwood. After the sun got low, I took a long walk with a some short jogging (1.63 miles) thrown in.

I finished the week with

17,102.7 meters of swimming,
7.9 miles of walking,
16:45 minutes of biking,
a little weight lifting,
and 31.02 miles of running.

The swimming is still a little light. I need to be hitting 20-25,000 per week. But the running is going pretty well. If I can hold 30+ miles per week until the Oaks, then increase some after the Suck, I should be able to pull off the journey run. I want to do this so bad, I will attempt it even if my fitness is suspect. I could handle day one now. It is day two and following I would have trouble with. But if push comes to shove, I could always walk days two through four. That's not how I want to do it, but after four frustrating years, I'll take what I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment