Monday, December 9, 2013

Slow Week

Overall it was a pretty slow week exercise wise, but food wise I think I may have set a world record. If eating in a reasonable way is being on the wagon, I not only fell off the wagon, but I crashed that sucker into a ditch and left it there to rot. Jeez Louise, I just can't help myself. My students have been bringing me Snickers Bars, co-workers have been hauling in food everyday, and every time I go to Mom's my sister has cooked something else that needs eating. I've been trying to run these calories off, but it's been like chasing a slow moving pickup truck that keeps pulling away as you run hard and reach for the tailgate. I know what that is like because Dad did that to me once. He was supposed to pick me up while I ran to Greenwood from Carroll County. He passed me while I was crossing the overpass on Highway 82 coming into town, and he exited the highway onto the frontage road. I was sure he saw me, so I crossed the highway, shuffled through the ditch, and sprinted for his truck just as he pulled away from the stop sign. He was going so slow that I almost caught him. But I didn't catch him, and eventually he drove out of sight leaving me breathless, exhausted, and a little ticked off. Why did he do that? He called a few minutes later and yelled, "WHERE THE @^**  #%@^^ ))@ ARE YOU?" I'll spare you the rest, but it's one of those memories of Dad that I laugh out loud when it pops into my mind.

Monday, I ran 3.52 miles, and Tuesday I did 8.3 with some multi-pacing thrown in. I also went to DSU where I swan

3 X 500
4 X 200 with medium paddles as 50 fast/50 easy
8 X 100 @ 1:45 with medium paddles as 50 fast/50 easy
16 X 50 @ 1:15 as 25 easy/25 fast 1-4; 25 fast/25 easy 1-4 all 2 X through
100 easy
Total: 4,000 yards = 3,656 meters.

Wednesday I ran 2.31, and Thursday I both ran and swam. On the road I did 2.07 and in the pool I swam

1,000
850
600 as 75 build, 25 back kick,
100 easy
600 as 25 hard/25 back kick
100 easy
600 as 75 build/25 back
100 easy (end of practice).
Then I swam
15 X 100 @ 2:00 with various paddles,
50 back
Total: 5,500 yards = 5,027 meters.
This was my longest swim since the Suck in October.
  
Friday was cold and rainy so I went to Twin Rivers and ran 2.5 miles on the treadmill. Saturday, Penny and I spent the day in Jackson shopping. When we got home, the weather was still inclement, so I went back to the treadmill and ran 3.5.

For the week, I ran 22.2 and walked 2.73 miles. I swam 8,683 meters but I failed again to lift any weights.

My totals for the year are now

1,209 miles running and
735,443.39 meters swimming (457 miles).

I'm still hoping to make the journey run. Since I'm still experiencing mild achilles issues,  I haven't been able to get excited about it. Anyway, I am almost off work. A few more days of agony and I'll have some time to scheme and dream and maybe make something come to pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment