Monday, February 23, 2015

Week Oft

I took the week oft. O-F-T. For 2/16-2/22, I did nothing except lift weights one time. The reason for my sloth was two-fold: 1) DSU was closed to the DAM swimmers due to a swim their hosting of a swim meet, 2) my left shoulder has been a little sore, and I thought this would be a good chance to rest it, C) the weather was cold and the outdoor water temps were outrageously low, 5) I just didn't want to deal with the heat at the Endless Fool.

Speaking of outdoor water temps, I looked in last year's training journal and saw that for the third week of February 2014, I swam outdoors four times for a total of 14,170.84 meters. The water temps were from 60-63 degrees Fahrenheit. This year? Try upper thirties. Dude, I can't handle that. 

So I took the week oft and wrote Poot stories. Somebody said Poot is still a bad influence on me, but I can't see how that could possibly be. Not no way, not no how. On tap for this week is not a go-crazy swimming week, but an ease-back-into it swimming week with a couple of sessions in the gym.

Last week I tried to re-start running with a .16 and .5 mile efforts. The morning after the .5 miles shuffle, I could feel the foot-- not pain but something-- and that spooked me. I'll try again this week. Meanwhile, I'll swim three times and write some more Poot stories.

Oh yeah, I spoke to the Greenwood Professionals Legal Association Friday night, and they are sponsoring my swim as well as having a fundraiser for the Diabetes Foundation of Mississippi. Now, I just need my body to hang together. Besides the shoulder, I have a hand that has pained me for several years. I think it is something I will have to live with from now on. I can as long as it doesn't plague me in the water. I have felt it a few times while swimming. That troubles me greatly. If you are a praying person, please intercede for me and my ability to train and pull off oft the Chicot Challenge one more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment