Monday, January 30, 2017

1/23 - 1/29

Nothing.

No thing.

Nada.

For the whole week, I did absolutely no training.

But I ain't worried. Not yet.

It was one of those weeks primarily because of my shoulder but my propensity to nap figured into the train wreck also. Monday, I usually lift weights and run. I did nothing.

Tuesday, I skipped Masters to give my shoulder a little more time.

Wednesday, I usually lift weights and run. I did nothing.

Thursday, I skipped Masters again thinking that one more day off might help. I could still feel something in the shoulder. It was not pain but some sort of weirdness. Simply put, I knew it was not right and that frightened me.

Friday I had intended to go in to the DSU pool and do a short, slow swim. Somehow I became very lazy and felt like the cats needed me so I stayed home.

Saturday, Penny and I went to Jackson with the Johnsons. We had a blast. For the first time in weeks, the shoulder felt normal. Although I did no training and ate too much, I did purchase some items for the next Chicot Challenge. At Academy Sports, I bought an alleged glow-in-the-dark kayak paddle. I have been a bit worried about the swim lapping over into the darkness. Most likely it will. At Dick's, I acquired a new feed bottle. This one is larger, more flexible, and completely see through. This acquisition should make feeds easier and more efficient for both me and the paddler.

The pontoon will have to go in about dusk. My tentative plan is for Trevor to stay with me in the kayak with his glow-in-the dark paddle, a headlamp, a lamp on the back of the boat, and a small airhorn to warn anyone who comes too close. MJ Staples, the independent observer, has already said she will swim with me after dark. She is an accomplished marathon swimmer herself, so she can handle it if the swim runs really long. Her presence in the water will give me the nerve I need to stay in after the alligators come out. She can still perform her duties as the observer because she will be there and know first hand if I swim or not. Hopefully, this part of the swim will only be a mile or two at the most. 

Please keep up the prays. The plan this week is for two or three short, easy swims with no problems, hopefully. Then I will unleash the beast. Thank you, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment