Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Day Ten: Countdown to Quadrathon

Monday morning was ten days out from the big event, Crazy Man Quadrathon. We started the day with a 16.15  miles bicycle ride. We had a strong north wind going out and amazingly the wind held until we made it back to town. What do I mean about amazingly? North winds are notorious for shifting on you, for changing 180 degrees about the same time you turn your bicycle around.

I let the morning fritter by without me running. I'm not sure how I did that, but I can be pretty good at letting time slip away. I did, however, go to Plate City after lunch and work the bench press over rather well. I did two singles at 150 which means I am stronger than last week. I will only bench lightly later in the week. Next Monday will be some really light stuff, and we will be set for the Quad.

Tyler and I met at the pool. The water temperature had dropped from 82 last Wednesday to 77. What!?!?!?! Yeah. We had one light rain and a few hours of clouds. Tell me how that happens. We swam

  1,200
  8 X 100 @ 2:30
  200 easy
  dolphin kick practice
  total: 2,200 long course meters

So I had a pretty good day even though it did not include any running. I still did three workouts and we moved another day closer. I am getting a bit antsy. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment