Monday, August 24, 2015

Luvie Says

Luvie says it was a good week running, but I fell off the face of the earth when it comes to swimming. I will most likely drop Swim the Suck this year and maybe forever. Randy Beets is not on Facebook anymore, and it's just no fun without being able to torment him with my posts. For the week of 8/17-8/25, my running totals look like this:

M- 3.61
T- 8.1 plus weights
W- 6.08
Th- 5.38
F- 12.59 in hills
Total: 35.76

This makes my 23rd straight week at 20+ miles running and my 3rd straight 30+. I am entering the territory of endurance. Compared to last year, I am 291.14 miles above then at this same time.

I let the legs rest both Saturday and Sunday. Saturday I did some upper body weight lifting and worked in the yard. I only swam 5,500 meters for the entire week. I just don't have the fire in the belly to hit the pool hard right now. My mind and energy is focused on The Great Noxapater Journey Run. This week I will post a piece I started Sunday that attempts to explain my obsession with this journey run.

No comments:

Post a Comment