Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Need Title

The next training cycle began with a bang. Or more accurately, it began with visible breath. Plate City was cold and dark Monday morning. Tyler was back, and both Pee Wee and I were happy to see him. We hit those weights like we were mad at them. On the bench, I pressed

  20 X 50
  10 X 72
  3 X 100
  5 X 140
  5 X 140
  5 X 140
  5 X 140
  3 X 140

That is 23 reps at 80% of one rep max. That is a strength producer. We also did a couple of sets of the seated dip and of course, we finished with 3:15 on the Ski Erg. A nice way to start the day. 

It was the first day of classes, and I enjoyed myself. The only problem with school, however, is that our numbers are low, really low.

After work, I decided to run longer than usual since the little pool is still not functional for us. I went west first, then crossed the old bridge, ran down Front Street and crossed the new bridge back into North Greenwood. After that, I hit the Yazoo River Trail, then went out Hades Road, which looked almost like an earthly road that day. Out there, I ran the turnrows and managed to get in eight slow miles. Not bad for a Monday.

So I did two workouts then went inside to get ready for the big game. Alabama and Georgia were playing for the college football national championship. It was a down year for the SEC in football, but the top two teams in the nation were both SEC. Take that, haters. SEC, SEC, SEC!

No comments:

Post a Comment