Friday, December 14, 2012

Off Work

Being off work has been nice as I get to sleep late, spend time with the cat and dog, and train at my leisure. Monday I did a short trainer ride and a three-mile run. Tuesday was my usual multi-paced semi-long run. Long, being a relative term, at the moment for me is anything five-miles or more. My total was 7.22, and my recovery intervals were faster and more consistent than last week. At masters, Anna from the Greenville triathlon community, showed up at my invitation. Margaret was more than happy as she is usually the only woman there. Waiting on Anna so I could show her  how to get in the building and where to swim, caused me to get in the water a little later than usual so I didn't get as much warm up as normal. I managed

700
400 breathing 3, 5, 7 per 25
300 pull
200 kick no fins
100 50 swim/50 back
3 X 75 4 times through as 1 easy, 2 build, 3 hard
400 pull with buoy between ankles (ouch)
Total: 2,700 yards = 2,467.8 meters.

Anna left early as she hadn't been in the water since the Y in Greenville closed their pool for the season. I made a point to talk with her over the phone, and she seemed genuinely excited to be back in the water and eager to regain some swimming fitness. She left because she said, "My legs and arms were like spaghetti."

Wednesday I took an easy 4.13-mile shuffle followed by upper body weightlifting, and a little bit of plyometric work which consisted of box jumps and tire flips.

Thursday was 4.35 shuffling and some leg work. At the pool (Anna didn't show up), I swam

1,100
500 back/swim with fins
12 X 25 as hard/easy
12 X 50 as 25/hard/25 easy, 25 easy/25 hard, 50 hard all 4 times through
12 X 75 as breathing 3, 5, 3/5, 3, 5 by 25s
250 easy
Total: 3,650 yards = 3,336.1 meters.

Margaret has been beating me on all this short stuff, and I am not happy with that. She is swimming a lot, and my swim training is down right now. I had hoped to drive over today and swim, but DSU has a meet going on so that is out. I am contemplating the pond as an alternative. The water is somewhere in the mid to low 50s so I am having some motivational problems there. I may just get the wetsuit out and have at it.

I've been checking my e-mail for a note from the T-shirt girl. When I talked to her, I realized after I left that I made a terrible error. When she asked me when I wanted it, I said there was no big hurry. Those words just sort of jumped out of my mouth. From past experience, I know that you never tell anyone that. Really there is no big hurry since the Chicot Challenge is not until June. But still I want to get as much done as early as possible. It has been going on three weeks since I talked with her, and I have heard nothing, and I will hear nothing until I call a few times. I could have waited a couple of months and said I need it right away and gotten this done quicker. But now that the words "There is not big hurry" have exited my mouth, I may actually never get my T-shirts. Been there, done that.

No comments:

Post a Comment