Monday, December 17, 2012

Sunday Summary

The water was almost a stranger to me last week as I only got in twice and not a single time outdoors. It was rainy and cold most days, and I just couldn't muster the courage to go out alone and wade into painful liquid. Sunday was nice, and Randy and I have been swimming sabbath afternoons. But he was ill so basically I spent time with my wife and cat and later watched some football with my dad.

Friday I managed to fritter away most of the day after drinking two quarts of coffee and doing a short trainer ride. Saturday I went out Money Road for a long (for me) shuffle/hike. I ran 9.57 and walked 5.54 miles. It was a good food day also, so I was a bit distressed, when I stepped on the scales Monday morning, to find I had gained weight.

For the week, I

ran 28.29 (the most this year) miles
walked 9.66 miles
lifted weights once
swam 5,803 meters
spent 44 minutes on the bike trainer

The air temps are supposed to be up this week, and we should have some sunshine so I hope to swim outdoors some. Also I need to do some big time weight sessions and keep the running mileage climbing.

Right now, I am torn between doing wild running the next six days, and sticking with my program. By wildrunning, I mean, exploring (going to Carroll County), running by feel, having no plan other than to pursue pleasure. That is always the fence I sit on, and a Garmin watch makes that kind of running possible while still keeping meticulous records. The other side of the fence is the scheduled runs I have that include multi-paced efforts that build on the week before. As of now, I do not know which side will win out.

Don't touch that dial. Stay tuned and find out who won, my wild side or my structured side.

No comments:

Post a Comment