Wednesday, May 8, 2013

A Good Day

It's amazing what a little sunshine will do for my soul. Tuesday morning the sun burst out early and began to warm our world as well as my heart. Although I received a phone call (while I was still in bed) from the fish farm informing me that water in the ponds was averaging 61 degrees, I decided to get up and take a run while Ole King Sol did his thing. I shuffled an easy 4.05 miles before having lunch with my wife.

After a short nap I decided on Twin Rivers instead of a fish pond. The water was 67 in the pool, but I did 2,900 nonstop meters before I tapped out because I felt a tightness in my right shoulder. Because of all my running injuries, I am hyper conservative, jumpy, pessimistic even when something doesn't feel right. I went home, took nutrition, stretched, and packed for Masters and swim number two. At DSU, I warmed up with 800 meters, and then the Mad Swimming Scientist had us do

Usually the Mad Swimming Scientist keeps a lane between
me and Randy to prevent us from fighting.
10 X 50 @ 1:30 breathing every 9
8 X 50 @ 1:30 breathing every 7
6 X 50 @ 1:00 breathing every 5
4 X 50 @ 1:00 breathing every 3
1:00 rest
2 X 50 @ 1:00 all out
8 X 50 @ 1:30 as
  2 25 fast/25 easy
  2 25 easy/25 fast
  2 all fast
  2 all easy
100 easy cool down
Total: 2,800 meters

My total for the day was 5,700 meters. That, coupled with my running, made for a pretty good training day. Yeehaa!

No comments:

Post a Comment