Tuesday, May 28, 2013

PR Harvest

The countdown to the Chicot Challenge has begun. As I write this, the swim is five days away, and I must confess that I'm getting a little nervous. I woke last morning around 2:00 am and failed to go back to sleep. That is a pretty unusual for me. My mind kept going over and over the things I may face Saturday. The training is done, and all is left is to rest, get my gear together, and show up and swim.

I finished last week with a six mile run Wednesday and another three miles of shuffling Thursday with 3,200 meters of swimming at Twin Rivers. I swam 500 for time and got a PR of 8:07.86. Tuesday at DSU, I turned in a PR at 50 meters long course with a :38 second effort. Friday I went back to Twin Rivers for a short 1600. I swam 300 for time and that produced a PR of 4:41.8. Since I was on a PR roll, Saturday I went after my 250 time and bested it with a 3:55.7. That makes makes four PRs in one week. No doubt I am swimming my fastest ever. I just hope my endurance is at the highest ever. 

For the week, I
swam 24,158.43 meters
ran 22.19 miles
walked 6.04 miles and
lifted weights two times,

which puts me for the year at
348,253.01 meters swimming (+22,483) and
469.12 miles running (+282.96).

That was a bit of a drop down after Monday when I had my big swim. This Monday I swam a mere 1,800 meters at a relaxed pace and ran seven miles. My plans are to do an even shorter swim tonight and take the rest of the week off.

No comments:

Post a Comment