Thursday, June 19, 2014

Just the Facts

My summer school class just ended yesterday so I will start working on a full writeup of the swim, but for now I thought a simple report would be nice. Saturday, June 14th the big swim went down  without a hitch. Well, without any major hitches, just a few small ones. To make a short story long, I started swimming from the South Shore Cottages boat ramp on Ditch Bayou at 7:07 am and finished up at the Lake Chicot State Park eleven hours and four minutes later. It was a nice swim. I'll give all the details in my next post.

For last week, I swam

Monday 2,200
Tuesday 1,800
Wednesday 1,600
Thursday 1,400
Friday nothing
Saturday 17.7 miles = 28,479.3 meters
Total: 35,479.3 meters.

This week I've been taking it easy. Sunday morning I slept in and then we went to my father-in-law's. I took four naps there, that is four real naps. We went home late afternoon and I would have done some more snoozing but I was consumed with working on some video for WXVT- they ran a nice piece on the 10:00 o'clock news- I never got the video problems worked out. I just can't manipulate GoPro footage other than download it to my computer, watch it, and pull stills from it. I can't do anything else with it. I watch the tutorials and they seem simple enough. I do the same things they do, but my changes never save. I can't post any of it to Facebook and apparently I can't email it either. Now I know why the TV station asked for cell phone video. Even I can handle that. No one shot cell phone video at the end. I have lots of good GoPro stuff, and on it Justin Nunnery is giving Randy Beets a verbal beets down. I love it.

Monday I went to Twin Rivers and swam

1,200
4 X 50 @ 1:15
Total: 1,400

Tuesday I went to DSU for the first time in several weeks. I wanted to see my grandchildren. We swan

650 (In a long course pool? Don't ask)
9 X 50 kick with fins
10 X 50 breathing 3/5 by 25
6 X 50 kick with fins
6 X 50 breathing 5/7 by 25
100 easy
Total: 1,450 + 750 kicking

Wednesday it was back to Twin Rivers where I swam

1,300
6 X 50 @ 1:15
400 kick with fins
400
Total: 2,000 + 400 kick

On today's agenda is lots of coffee, lots of Luvie, and some napping with Jeff. Oh yeah, I might work on the swim write up. A little. Between naps. But don't bet on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment