Monday, September 28, 2015

Luvie's Post

Zane Hodge is a lazy man. I know what you are thinking: he runs and lifts weights and swims. But what you don't know is how hard I have to work to keep him active. If not for me, his four-legged athletic and writing coach, Hodge would be hog fat and good for nothing. One good thing I can say about him is he likes to pet cats. Good for me. Otherwise, he is worthless.

Last week, I had to threaten fatso with bodily harm to get him out of the house on Monday. When he finally got out of bed in the afternoon, he went to the pool but only swam 2,500 meters. Later, after his night class, he went for a little 3.55 mile shuffle. 

Tuesday we once more had a battle of wills to see who would win. Thankfully, I did and I forced him to meet his friend, John, at the pool where he swam

2,000
11 loops, swimming pond style around the pool (1,300)
2 X 50 medium paddles
total: 3,400 meters.

After the swim, he went for a run out Money Road where he ran into his son, Forrest, and they shuffled together for several miles. He wound up doing 10.25 miles with some pick ups thrown in. I was pleased with that effort.

Wednesday was another one of those days where I had to pop his leg to get his attention and show him who was boss. Finally, he submitted and did his water work. He swam loop style for 52:00 minutes which I figured was about 2,400 meters. His run was only 3.21 miles, but after ten miles the day before, I was OK with that.  

You want to guess what happened Thursday? More conflict. At the pool, he got with the program and swam 

2,500 
3 x 100 @ 2:00
300 small paddles
3 X 100 @ 2:15
300 small paddles
3 X 100 @ 2:20
300 small paddles
10:00 treading water
50 easy
total: 4,350

His run, however, was only 2.01 miles.

Friday was a day when I did not have to fight with fatty. Actually, he wanted to do more. He wanted to go out for one of those adventure runs, but I suggested he do something shorter and faster to prep him for his upcoming school 5 Ks. Thankfully, aster a short discussion, he decided I was right and did things my way and did a multi-paced 11.05 miles. In the later afternoon, he did a short and uninspiring 2,700 meters.

Saturday was all about walking and weightlifting. He lifted weights for the lower body that morning, and for the upper body in the afternoon. For the week, he

ran 30.07 and walked 4.9 miles,
swam 15,350 meters, and 
lifted weights two times.

No comments:

Post a Comment