Monday, June 28, 2021

6/21 - 6/27

I had another good week in the water, but a slim one everywhere else. Monday I swam 4,100 meters. Somehow I failed to do anymore training. Tuesday, however, I was hitting on all cylinders, swimming 4,200 meters, running 2.39 miles, and lifting weights.

Wednesday I continued my upward creep in the pool with 4,300 meters. Also I continued my downward creep on the road with a mere 1.33 miles of roadwork. At the gym, I hit legs lightly.

Thursday I hit 4,400. I consider that a lot in a long course pool. My roadwork again was minimal with 1.7 miles. I took the rest of the day off to prepare for my trip Friday. I went to Raysville, Louisiana and visited an old friend. We rode bicycles for 25.36 miles giving me my first ride in several weeks.

Saturday I went to the little pool and did stroke work. The breast stroke right now is my second major weakness. A single 25 yards leaves me gasping for air. I finished with 3,300 yards which gave me 3,012 meters for the day. I ran 3.13 miles, and lifted full body. Yeah, I did it all at the gym, push, pull, and legs.

For the week, I
 
   swam 20,012 meters,
   ran 8.45 miles,
   lifted weights three times, and
   cycled 25.13 miles.

This week I hope to continue my watery ways in the pool, crank up the running to where it needs to be, and hit the weights like I am training for a body building show. No, I am not a body builder; I am a weight trainer. But body builders work hard in the gym, and I take a lot of inspiration from them.

Oh, we had a good crowd at church Sunday. Well, it was a good crowd for us. That made me happy. I preached a message commemorating the 4th of July from Acts chapters 4 and 5. Penny and I then had a nice meal at No Jay Wose. I ate the Mexican style burger. It was good, yeah.

Thank you, Jesus, for a good and full week and a nice day at church.

No comments:

Post a Comment