Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Two out of Three

This week has been one for the ages. I have consistently displayed a major overload of lazy. Monday I lounged in the house and finally got up to swim. Tuesday, I lounged in the house, got up to swim and finally took a short run. Well, I did a bit more than lounge. I voted. Then after lunch I had an appointment with the tooth dentist. Then I went to the pool. 

At Twin Rivers, I went in thinking about what I was going to do. I usually have several types of practices bouncing around in my head. Often it is a battle between what I want to do and what I know I need to do. Monday, my first two sets were a 1,800 warmup followed by 700 for time. I like to make small adjustments to practices like that. I wanted to do an 1,850 warmup and 750 for time. But that is the same type of practice two days in a row. I needed something different. What I finally settled on was 5,150 yards straight. So you know what I want to do today, right? Yeah, a straight swim but a little longer. I hope I can resist my want to and do a need to. 

After that, I went back home (it was late) and took a short shuffle on the streets. I did not realize how much nicer it is to run on smooth, new pavement. Really, it is nicer. I found myself searching for them, the newly paved roads. 

So I finished with two workouts instead of one like yesterday and instead of three like I need. Well, there is today. Maybe I can get back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment