Monday, September 13, 2021

It Was Good/Bad (HOD 7)

HOD 7 was another mixed bag. I swam big, ran little, and lifted a lot. Let me tell you about it. Monday, I swam 3,850 yards. I also ran 6.27 miles and lifted weights. That was one good day, I was one tired man, and I slept one good sleep.

Tuesday, however, I did not run. I'm lazy like that. I swam another 3,850 yards but did not other training. Shoot me.

Wednesday I was back on the road for 4.1 miles. In the pool, I did another 3,850 yards with a tough new set I am developing. Developing? Yeah, I adjust it each week and it gets longer and more dense. More dense? Yes, I take some time off the intervals so that I do more work in less time. It's a double progression: more reps, reduced time. I also lifted weights.

Thursday I got lazy. I swam my 3,850, but I did nothing else but lounge in bed all afternoon then go back to work that night.

Friday I hit the pool for 5,500 straight in 1:38:37. Yeah, that was a good aerobic swim to put some endurance back in the tank. But, I did not lift or run.

I was so behind on lifting that by Saturday I hit the gym twice. First I went to the outdoor pool and swam 1,800 meters. I did my push workout around noon. Late in the afternoon, I worked legs and pulls. That made for a full day of three workouts, but two of them were gym sessions.

For the week, I

 swam 20,899 meters,

 ran 10.37 miles, 

 SkiErgged 10:00  minutes, and 

 lifted weights four times.

That was a pretty good week except the running. I have been prioritizing the swim and the gym. That means that on some days, the run gets squeezed. Anyway, I am still out there trying. Thank you, Jesus, for the health and the desire to be in the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment