Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Labor Day

I had a good one with lots of relaxation and lots of training. Lots of cats too, always lots of cats. First, I slept in. The sun finally roused me around 7:00 a.m. Or maybe it was CC. She does not like me sleeping late. Anyway, I did the slow start thing, drank coffee, studied some, did devotions, petted cats. Somewhere around 11:00 I went to the pool. At Twin Rivers, I swam

2,350
brick kick
250 medium paddles
2 X 500 @ 9:15
  1 - 7:51
  2 - 7:59
250 easy
total: 3,850 yards

That 7:51 is, I think, a PR for being alone in the pool. I have swum faster in competition, but one always swims faster against others. Without spending a day flipping though training diaries, I think that is a PR. I do not think, but am sure that getting two of them under 8:00 is a PR. That I am 100% sure of.

I went home and snacked on something. Later, mid-afternoon, I went for a shuffle and did 6.27 miles. That is not a bad start for the week.

Yes, I went to Plate City. It was push day, and I like push day. On the bench, I pushed

13 X 45
8 X 67
3 X 100
2 X 122
1 X 144
1 X 155
2 X 155
3 X 155
4 X 155
5 X 155 (I did it!!!)
3 X 150
7 X 140
8 X 135

Remember I am on that program where yo go up after you hit five reps on the fifth working set. Last week I missed rep five. This week I got it. I also did lots of lateral raises and three sets of the seated dip. 

Then I went inside and watched a ball game. What game? you ask. Ole Miss vs Louisville. I actually pulled for Ole Miss. I was proud of myself. God has helped me. That and some good people at church who have showed me that not all Ole Miss fans are jerks. Gerald Johnson even said to me, "How 'bout them dogs," after State won the national championship in baseball. That was nice.

One day off, three workouts, four cats, an SEC victory, and a partridge in a pear tree. That's what I call a day. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment