Thursday, September 6, 2018

Gordon

Hello darkness Gordon, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again

Because a vision softly creeping

Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence rainfall

I waited patiently for Gordon to arrive, pacing the halls of the MDCC Greenwood Center, checking the weather, watching the clock, and wanting to get off so I could go outside and play. I love to play, especially in the rain.

It is not that I like to do just anything in the rain, but I like/love to swim in a steady precipitation. I really can't put into words how marvelous it is, but I can tell you how rare it is. Rain usually comes with lightning, except in the winter, and I am way too much of a sissy to swim outdoors in the winter. I have done that a few times, but I was never very good at it and gave up on my project to become a winter swimmer several years ago. So when I saw that the rain, Wednesday, was not accompanied by flashes of electricity, I began to get antsy, excited, nervous even. 

Not wanting to cause trouble or consternation, I even called the director of Twin Rivers Recreation Center to secure permission to swim with Gregory. 
Notice the dark sky in the background.

I got it.

Permission.

So as soon as I left work, I changed clothes and hit the pool. When I waded in, there was only a light drizzle leftover from the heavy rain that had been falling earlier. 

Then it stopped.

I swam for two hours and crawled out of the pool..

Then it began to rain and it rained really hard. 

Sigh.

Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment