Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Buzzard Crew: Priceless

It's another one of those days. I didn't intend for it to be like this. I had plans. Really I did. Get up early, mow the lawn, lift weights, work on the backyard gym, do a transition workout on the bike trainer and treadmill.

What happened?

Cats.

Tuffy was the first to get on the bed with me. The only time he is ever still is when he sleeps. He climbed up on the bed and started lounging like an older cat. Then the older cat, Luvie, climbed up on the bed and started lounging like an older cat. Wow. I ran to get coffee and they were still there when I got back. Delightful.

I intend yet to do some stuff today after the coffee runs out. Monday, I lifted weights and mowed the back lawn in the morning. After lunch, I took to the road on my bike and did 31.14 miles. When I got in, I changed shoes and did a 1.8 mile transition run. At the pool, I swam

1,300
15 X 100 @ 1:57 (rep one was @ 1:56)
800 multi-paced
400 small paddles
total: 4,000.

Tuesday I had to work. Imagine such as that. Consequently, time was short and so was energy. I ran 2.06, and then at the pool I swam

1,200
10 X 50 @ 1:30
before lightning forced John and me to abandon our swim.

Now it is Wednesday before a Saturday race. I think I will lift weights and do a transition workout, but I could easily fritter the day away relaxing with the cats and Jeff. For a teacher, life during the summer is tough. You have to make so many decisions and exercise so much discipline or you just get sorry. Sometimes I feel like I'm one sorry individual.

As for good news, my daughter is going to do Bikes, Blues, and Bayous with us. She said she does have one reservation, though. She isn't sure if her bike will hold up that far. I told her not to fear, BBB has a buzzard crew who will gladly scoop you up if you or your bicycle can't go the distance.

Entry fee: $45.00
Bicycle: $150 - $3,000
Bike shorts: $50.00
Gatorade: $6.00
Bicycle computer: $250
Buzzard Crew: Priceless.


No comments:

Post a Comment