Thursday, November 10, 2016

New Toys

Don't tell my wife, but I bought some new toys. 

Seriously, keep it quiet.

She used to buy our granddaughter barbie doll after barbie doll after barbie doll and say, "You can't have too many barbie dolls." Not a problem for me.

If she is around when my packages come in, however, she often says, "Don't you already have that?" 

My answer is usually, "Baby, you can't have too many barbie dolls."

Monday, my fresh practice jammer and new neoprene swim cap came in from Swimoutlet.com, and I couldn't wait to get to the pool and try them out. I was pleasantly surprised at how much the cap helped. The pool had chilled to 69.5. Not only was the cap comfortable, but while I swam my head was as warm as a baked potato fresh out of the oven.

According to the email that Scooba.com sent, my shorty wetsuit was due to be delivered Thursday but it came in a day early. Don't judge me for not shopping local, because you can't get this stuff around here. If you could, they would name the store after me.

The shorty was not too expensive. Since I already own a full, I bought the sleeveless shorty as an intermediary to swim in the upper and mid-sixties. It fit well, and when I started swimming in the 69 degree water Wednesday, I liked the way it hugged me and kept the water out and the heat in. My arms were free and my legs were pretty much like they are without a suit. My body position was, however, a little higher in the water. With a full on, your legs are so high and buoyant that it's hard to kick. Not so with this shorty.

I had things to do so I only swam for forty-five minutes. But that was long enough at that temp to begin to lose some body parts, namely my big toes. When I got out, however, I was comfortable and nothing was numb. So I made a good purchase; I have some new barbie dolls. And really, I saved some money because normally I am driving to Delta State twice per week this time of year. I have already saved in gas what I spent on the new equipment. From now on everything is pure savings.
Ready to swim in my new cap and shorty suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment