Monday, December 18, 2017

12/11 - 12/17

This time I have a tiny bit of good news. A tiny bit.

Monday didn't start with a bang because I did no training then. What I did do was spend the day taking John to a couple of medical appointments in Jackson. I'm not complaining. But Tuesday, however, I got it cranked up with a 6.24 mile walk. Also, that night we did Painting with Friends, (the MDCC English Department and others) which was a lot more fun than I thought it would be, and I created a masterpiece that I gifted to Centerville Baptist last night at our Christmas party.

Wednesday I took another nice walk with 6.36 miles. I have also been doing a few steps of shuffling in these longer strolls giving me some hope that one day I will be able to shuffle again. Give me one of them, God, running or swimming. Please. Actually, I want both, but one could keep me distracted enough that I won't whine a lot.

Thursday was a big walk day as I did a 6.56 miler, then had to walk to Mom's (.52), and after all that I took Pee Wee hunting and walked another 1.38. All of that gave me 8.46 for the day.

Friday, I was lazy all morning hanging out with the cats and drinking the coffee pot dry. Then Penny was off for the afternoon, and she wanted to go the French Camp to a store over there. I did my shopping in three minutes, and I knew Penny, who is much slower than me, would take another thirty minutes or more. So I went outside and sat in the cold. Went back inside and shopped another three minutes. Then I decided to boot my Garmin and take a walk. I got in another 1.14 miles before she wanted to change stores.

Saturday, Gerald and I took Pee Wee and Bear to Hodge Ski Lodge. Unfortunately, we didn't tree, but we both had a pleasurable stroll and it is always a joy to watch the little dog run. The Garmin read 1.62 miles at the end of the hunt.

For the week, I walked 23.42 miles, and shuffled .8. Did you see it? I shuffled .8. That, by the way, is my total running for the year. Maybe that is the start of something. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment