Monday, March 19, 2018

3/12 - 3/18

I think I actually trained a little last week. I think. A little. I think a little. I walked a little bit and lifted some weights, if you can call it that. Actually, I did some rehab work on my shoulder and gained another two pounds. I have outgrown all my clothes, I can't breath when I bend over, and I am even so fat I can't eat much. But I can still gain weight. Go figure. At least I am trying. I am trying, that is, when I am no busy eating candy. I love me some candy, and if there were an eating contest involving Snickers or Reese's, I would be the world champion, hands down.

Monday I walked 1.03 miles and did a bitty bit of work at Plate City. A start is what I wrote in my training diary next to the paltry numbers I recorded there but refuse to share with you.

Tuesday I walked a whopping .27 and did a little more work at one of my favorite places on earth. I love the sunshine and fresh air of Plate City. The dogs love it when I am out there. They want to be petted and they run and play with toys and bark at stuff to impress me. I love being with them also.

Wednesday was a rest day.

Thursday I was back at the City and the numbers had grown just a tad. I walked 1.35 miles.

Friday started with the pastors' breakfast in Carrollton and ended with Penny and me going to Jackson.

Saturday was a glorious day because I went to Sears and picked up my wife's new lawn mower. It is a self-propelled 7.25 horsepower mower that makes me want to take the job back from her. It even has a key start. That is, you don't have to pull on that cord to crank it, you just hit a button and you are off to the races. So I piddled in the yard, mowing some and lifted in the sunshine and finally arrived spring weather. On the bench, I have dropped the straight bar and am working only with dumbbells. I am doing the Swim Pull, which will help me if I ever get back in the water. Also, I am doing lat pull downs and seated rows on the last machine I bought. On foot, I walked 2.03 miles

Sunday I preached at Centerville. Praise God.

For the week, I had three sessions at Plate City and walked 4.64 miles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment