Monday, March 26, 2018

3/19 - 3/25

Monday I did nothing.

Tuesday I did nothing.

Wednesday, (drum roll) I did nothing.

So for Thursday, I thought about doing something, but in the end I did nothing.

Friday I had some business to attend to so I did nothing.

Saturday, I was well on the way to another week of perfect nothing when an old friend called. 


"Wanna take a ride?" Brian Waldrop asked. Just what I needed.

We are both pretty pitiful right now. I felt like Rip Van Winkle. I couldn't find my biking stuff. What I did find was old and decrepit. We made plans to meet at Bankston School, but he was like Rip Van Winkle too: he couldn't even find a tire pump and had to get his wife to haul him and his bicycle to my house to use mine. So we started from West Monroe Ave, and we rode a total of 7.25 miles. Pretty pitiful but a start. Maybe a start. This is something I can still do, and I once enjoyed it very much.

Maybe this year I can do the long ride at Bikes, Blues & Bayous. And maybe I can do a fundraising ride for the DFM. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment