Tuesday, May 15, 2018

5/7 - 5/13

For the first time this whole year, I felt like I was really training. Monday, Brian and I rode. I am still so pitiful, I can't keep up with him so he does his distance and I do mine. I got 17.65 miles. We went out again Tuesday and this time I got in 18.13. 

We never ride on Wednesday so I did my longest walk of the year at 3.56 and in the middle of that I shuffled 50 steps. I am going to get the running back.

Thursday I neither rode nor walked but I did do .42 working in the yard, and I also did some bench presses:

   10 X 50
   10 X 55

The shoulder is getting better. It will now accept a little stretching and my range of motion has improved a bitty bit. It like every three weeks I ask myself, is this better? At this rate I will be well in five years.

Friday I stayed pretty close to the house all day. I did not even go to the pastors'  breakfast because I wanted to read, write, and hang out with the cats.

Saturday, Brian and I had plans to ride. We were supposed to go at 4:00. Around 3:30 I began feeling uneasy and starting praying for God to take care of us. A few minutes before 4:00 Brain called and said he couldn't make it. I took a walk and did 4.03 miles with some shuffling thrown in. Also I hit the bench for

   12 X 50
   10 X 60
   8 X 65

In addition to that I did some other gentle shoulder work. Every other day I think I am going to swim again without surgery. Then there are the days when I think I have to submit to the knife or it is all over. Is God trying to teach me something? I remain confused.

For the week, I rode 35.78 miles and walked 8.14 in addition to the weight lifting.

No comments:

Post a Comment