Monday, July 23, 2018

7/16 - 7/22

John disappeared, and I did most all of my training alone. That is OK. When I am alone, I chose the starting and stopping time. Not only that, but the conversation is better and no one grinds my nerves. Monday I swam the tiny pool because I didn't want to get up early and by the time I made it to the water, the indoor pool was the only option. I swam 1,800 and I don't remember how because all I wrote was the total number. Later on the bench I pressed

15 X 70
10 X 95
  5 X 115
  3 X 120
  2 X 125
  3 X 120
  5 X 115
 11 X 95

Tuesday I was back in the short water. Aother swimmer came in and started stroking before I left. I watched her swim a couple of laps and thought, "I could make her better in one single lesson." Am I bad for thinking that? I always want to help other swimmers, but I don't say anything unless they open the door. Sometimes they do. She didn't open the door. I did 2,800 and left with my advice still inside my own head. I did some upper back work at Plate City. This is the week I decided it was time to split my routine. It felt good to target some muscles and hit them really hard.

Wednesday morning I was once again alone in the indoor water treadmill. I only swam 1,100 meters. Nothing hurt; I just didn't feel like swimming. It happens. I did some more upper body work at the gym. My upper body lifting is now divided into three parts. 

Thursday was the first time that I felt like I did more than swim but actually began training. I did 

1,000
6 X 100 @ 2:00
2 X 125 @ 2:30
150
total: 2,300 scys

That was not a big total, but it was a start back into one of my old standbys: 100s on 2:00. I haven't done that in over a year. In shape, I do 20 X 100 on two minutes in short course or long course. I love that practice because it hurts so good, and it makes me faster and stronger. The word that describes what it builds in my body is "stamina." No one seems to know what the word means anymore. I find that strange in a time when you don't even have to pick up a book to look up a word. I only did six, and I was breathing hard when I tapped out on that set.

Friday I did 

1,050
7 X 100 @ 2:00
150 easy
7 X 50 @ 1:00 with small paddles
total: 2,250

Saturday afternoon, Penny and I went to the pool at 5:30. I didn't want much, but I did 1,500 swimming long course for the first time in the week.

For the seven day training cycle, I did 10,865 meters, lifted weights three times, and ambulated 4.11. Not a lot, but I'm still moving forward, at least in the water. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment