Tuesday, July 17, 2018

7/9 - 7/15

The swimming continues to improve along with my enjoyment of it. Monday, John and I swam Twin Rivers early and I did 2,700 straight. A new guy showed up and he swam pretty well, but he was stopping a lot, almost every 50 he would take at least a few seconds on the wall. When I finished, I went over and introduced myself. He is Tyron John from South Africa and is here working on Tackett Fish Farm. Imagine that. We had a nice chat about swimming out there with the fish. Later that day, I did some leg work at Plate City.

Tuesday John was gone, and I took it easy with 1,300. Later I did some benches and Swim Pulls at Plate City.

Bench press

14 X 70
  9 X 95
  5 X 111
  3 X 116
  2 X 121
  3 X 116
  5 X 111
  9 X 95

Swim pull

35 X 20 = 6 washers
17 X 25.6
13 X 31.2
10 X 32.7

Wednesday I felt good and swam 3,300 straight. I chatted some with Tyron, and he expressed amazement that I could swim like that nonstop. I told him he could too right now IF he would follow my advice. He was curious. I told him to slow it down just a little, take as many breaths as needed to catch up after flipping at the wall, and push yourself to swim 700 straight. Your muscles will ache a bit in the first few hundred, but if you keep swimming, that will pass and your breathing will settle down. If you do that, I told him, your 7th hundred will be the easiest of them all. He said he would try it tomorrow.

Tyron was there Thursday morning and said he was going for the 700. I offered to swim with him and did. At the end of 700, he was all smiles and was shocked that he did it. Then he wanted to go for a 1,000 so we did. Once more, he was amazed that he could actually swim like that, and he thanked me profusely for coaching him. It felt really good to help someone breakthrough and do what he didn't think he could. I swam 2,800, and in the afternoon did a 4.02 mile ambulation that included .66 of a mile of shuffling.

Friday morning I went to the Liars Convention, I mean the pastors' breakfast, so I did not swim early. I went later to the small pool for 3,600 yards. I took Saturday and Sunday off.

For the week, I

swam 13,690 meters,
ambulated 5.35 miles with .66 of shuffling, and
lifted weights 2 X. 

That is a nice amount of swimming, but pretty scant on everything else. Praise the Lord for what He has allowed me to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment