Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Sheriff Pee Wee Is Back on the Job

Monday was a wild day. First, we woke up to find our backyard sheriff gone. The fireworks and gunfire sent him off I suppose to look for a place to feel safe. Despite our eight-foot fence and padlocked gates, the little turd found a way out. I spent the day driving around looking, calling, praying. I drove 145 miles around town, north of town, anywhere I could conceive of him being. He was posted on Facebook and and his picture shared numerous times. When Penny and I drove back into town after a foray out Money Road, my phone rang. The number was identified as being from Massachusetts. It is a small miracle that I answered because I was sure it was about my extended warranty.

"Zane Hodge?" the voice on the other end asked.

"Yes."

"I think I have your dog."

Holy moly. She did. The little turd jumped into her car, a friend of Forrest's, when she stopped to call him. She had seen the Facebook pleas for help, thought it might be him and stopped her car and opened her driver's door. That is all you have to do, open a car door and he is your friend. Boy were we happy. 

Needless to say, that was not good for training. All I did was go to the pool after kid hours. I just swam, my usual default when I am tired or distracted or something. I went for a minute over two hours covering 5,300 meters. That was a good start to the week water wise. The rest was all nothing. But thank God our little buddy is home.

No comments:

Post a Comment