Thursday, November 18, 2021

New Project

It was warm enough Wednesday for me to run to at from the pool. Yeah, I am energetic like that. First, after work, I met Simon and Home Front to buy some materials for the latest project. What's that you ask? The gym, Plate City. I have a major project started at Greenwood's best gym. It's about to get better. Videos will follow on EndangeredSwimmer on YouTube. I might put one or two of them here in the blog.

After Home Front, I changed clothes and ran shuffled 2.03 miles to Twin Rivers. There I swam 

  2,200 44:22
  brick kick in the hard lane
  50 easy
  total: 2,250 yards.

Going home, I shuffled 2.3 miles. Then it was time for the gym.

Right now, with me trying to build my running mileage, my leg work has been attenuated a bit. On Wednesday, I do deadlifts, which works the legs some, but not like squatting, which I usually do on Saturday. I warmed up with a set of 3 X 135 on the normal deadlift before switching to the trap bar deadlift which I pulled for

  1 X 170
  1 X 200
  1 X 210
  1 X 220
  1 X 230 a PR

I am slowly working my trap bar deadlift up to I hope at least 250 pounds. That is in preparation for the BBU I told you about yesterday Monday. The idea is that the strength will augment my endurance and also make my bones better so that maybe I will not acquire a stress fracture doing the crazy stuff I have dreamed up.

Right now, I am sitting in class typing this. Yee ha. After my night class, I am off for ten days. Crazy training, here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment