Sunday, September 25, 2022

Near Cardiac Overload

Saturday was a super day, the kind of day you dream about during the summer heat. Although it was still hot, college football was on and Plate City was at its highest state of development.

I slept in, studied, and of course I drank coffee. Finally, I dragged out for a run when it had already gotten hot. Nevertheless, I struggled through 9.22 miles in-- according to my technology-- was done at an average temperature of 96 dgrees. Huh? Yeah. Summer has decided to go down swinging. 

After the run, I cooled down and watched some football. Who? Everybody. Mississippi State, Ole Miss, and the one I got into was Tennessee verses Florida. I watched that one at Plate City where I began my workout with a circuit of bench presses, skierg, and heavy bag work. I recently purchases a new pair of MMA gloves so I could go straight from lifting to punching with no down time. Between sets, I walked a short distance on the treadmill to allow my heart rate to come down before doing it all over again and again and again. 

When I finished the upper body work, I shifted to squat for my lower body warmup. I only did two sets before then going to deadlifts and farmers carries. Saturday has become my deadlift and strongman day. On the trapbar deadlift, I worked up to 270. I started to go for a PR, but thought better of it. On the farmers carries, I worked up to 98 pounds per hand. On the ball game, I was pulling for Tennessee and the almost impossible comeback by Florida came close to putting me into cardiac overload. 

Well, Tennessee won. So did Mississippi State. And I got in a good run, in the heat, and a solid full-body workout at the State's best backyard gym. Thank you, Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment