Thursday, March 21, 2013

Global Warming Please

I got up early Monday morning, early for me that is, with the idea that I would lift some weights. Since it was relatively warm and still dark (I forgot about the switch in time), I decided not to lift because I know several people who have had West Nile and believe me, it ain't good. Instead I took a little short walk. In the afternoon, I did a little 3.43 mile run. I would like to have gone to the pond, but it was threatening rain and cooling off. Still a sissy.

Tuesday I went to the pond and managed two laps before I decided I didn't want to be cold anymore. I then took a little two-mile shuffle around the levees and afterwards went to see my grandchildren. At Masters, no one was at the pool until the Mad Swimming Scientist arrived so I not only couldn't start early, I couldn't even get in the building until coach came. Then we swam

800
5 X 50
2 X 100 pull
2 X 50
2 X 150 pull
2 X 50
2 Xx 200 pull
2 X 50
400 no wall
On my own I swam another 600 with small paddles.
Total: 3,200 at Masters; 2,381.32 at pond for 5,581.32 meters for the day and week.

Wednesday I went back to the pond and the water temperature had dropped five degrees. Dang I'm tired of this, and I really need some distance. I just can't stay in as long as I need to. The water temps are now running 11 degrees below last year at this time. Please give us some global warming. Every night the temps are down into the 30s sucking all the warmth from the water.

Sigh.

Well, today is Thursday and I already told my wife I will be late coming in. I plan on closing the pool down; I have to. I can't wait any longer, but must start now building my endurance up. the base is there, the speed is there, the desire is there. Now I must have the miles in the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment