Monday, March 4, 2013

Great Start, I Thought

I'm not a morning person. Really, I'm not. In fact, without a long suffering, understanding wife, I probably would be single right now. Sometimes I don't even speak until I've had a quart of coffee or more. So when I got up early this morning and ran 3.23 miles, I was not unexpectedly proud of myself. As I shuffled along and watched the sun come up, my mind filled with a list of things I could accomplish this afternoon: bike trainer riding, walking, weight lifting, grading papers, loving on my cat, running errands, preparing for class tonight, checking on Mom and Dad, etc. My mind was filled with possibilities, my soul was excited, and my expectations were high.

Until I got to work.

And was reminded of a faculty/staff meeting this afternoon.

Crap!

Haven't I said the harder I try, the less I get done? Yeah, I think so. Last week I

Ran- 20.51
Walked- 5.37
Biked- 24-minutes
lifted weights- 3 times, and
swam- 14,395.5 meters.

For the year I am

195.51 miles running and
106,292 meters swimming.

Compared to last year, I am

+125.93 miles running and
+23,298.5 meters swimming. Yeehaa.



No comments:

Post a Comment