Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Week Three Training for TGNJR

I have gotten into the enjoyable habit lately of having my coffee on the back patio wbere I can hang out with Jeff, read Die Bibel, and listen to the birds. I'm going to miss this when school starts back. I could do this "off" thing year round. Monday, I shuffled 4.2 miles after I finished off the coffee pot and then I did my core routine which consists primarily of deadlifts and setups. Late afternoon I went to Twin Rivers and  3,100 meters. The shoulder felt OK, but I swam easily.

Tuesday I ran 7.31 miles with three .8 mile intervals at tempo pace, which for me right now is around 8:30. Last week I failed to make all three. but this week I hit them all. At Masters I swam

900
4 X 100 breathing 3, 5, 7, 9 by 25s
4 X 100 9, 7, 5, 3
8 X 50
4 X 100 add 25 fast to each
8 X 50 easy/hard (holding back-averaged :41-:44)
Total: 2,900

Wednesday I did another 4.2 mile shuffle and went to Twin Rivers in the afternoon where I swam 3,500. Thursday I ran 7.3 and hit 4,100 at the pool. However, my shoulder was a little gimpy the next day. [Sigh. Cry. Wring hands.]

Friday was an easy day with only a 1.81 mile shuffle and Saturday was a fun day with a run/hike to Hodge Ski Lodge going up Steen Hill Road. I am just now getting fit enough to do the kind of runs that I love: long, really go somewhere, see something new or something I haven't viewed in a long time. This was one of those. The Steen Hill route gets me off the highway several miles earlier. The gravel road there is just right: not too many big rocks and enough sand to be soft but not mushy. And Steen Hill, well just look for yourself.

Steen Hill Road: 3.2 miles of woods, dirt, and solitude.








For the week, I

swam 13,600 meters
ran 35.76 and
walked 10.55 miles.


No comments:

Post a Comment