Monday, July 4, 2016

6/27 - 7/3

I finally climbed on my bicycle a few times last week and began to run a bit more. Right now, my running is primarily motivated by this winter, thinking about how much fun I can have if I can carry this fitness into the cooler weather. Overall, it was a pretty good training week, and I need to string together a few of these in a row because the Heart O' Dixie Triathlon is coming up in a few weeks. 

Speaking of the HOD, a reporter for the Neshoba Democrat, Steve Swogetinsky, called to talk about the first HOD which I did in August of 1980. We chatted for thirty-five minutes and actually talked more about the Chicot Challenge than triathlon. I think the swim will be in the article along with some publicity for the Diabetes Foundation of Mississippi.

Monday, I swam 2,000 meters, cycled 41.18 miles (and it was hot), ran 1.10 off the bike, and walked .41.

Tuesday, I swam 2,100 in the morning with John, lifted weights (bench press, bent row, swim pull), ran 5.48 miles, and walked 1.33 miles.

Wednesday, I swam 2,600 lifted weights (shoulders, shrugs, curls), ran 4.51 and walked 1.28 miles.

Thursday, I lifted weights, ran 7.46, and walked 1.88 miles.

Friday, I swan 1,400 meters, cycled 20.41 miles, ran 3.15 and walked .17 miles.

Saturday, Penny and I went to Seldom Seen where we saw Silvia, among many other people. We had a relaxing, enjoyable day. After we got home, I lifted weights, ran 6.55 and walked 1.12 miles.

Sunday, I napped of course and then went out for a short and easy 11.21 on the bike.

For the week, I

swam 8,100 meters,
cycled 72.8 miles
lifted weights four times,
ran 28.31 and walked 6.19 miles.

A decent week, but I need better.

No comments:

Post a Comment