Monday, October 31, 2016

10/24 - 10/30

It was a decent but not stellar week of training and cat loving. Monday I did not run but let my legs rest for Tuesday's Greenwood Center 5K. I went to the pool where the water was a cool 72 degrees and swam 2,100 meters. At home I did a shoulder workout, went back to work for my night class, then went home to love on cats.

Tuesday I finished second in the MDCC Greenwood Center 5K, swam 2,600 meters at Twin Rivers, and lifted weights. A good day it was.

Wednesday we closed the Center early for Homecoming so I went to the pool and knocked out 3,100 meters. Then I went to campus and again finished second in the 5K.

Thursday the Twin Rivers pool pumps were shut down. That means the water begins to stratify and already the top foot was warm but when I did flip turns, it hurt. Still, I swam 1,600 meters, shuffled 2.1 miles, and took a nap.

I intended to run and swim long Friday, but I did neither. I shuffled 4.66 miles, did some lower body weight lifting, and swam 2,300 meters. 

Saturday I chose not to run at all, but I lifted weights twice and did a short swim of 2,400 meters. I watched a lot of football and hung out with the cats.

For the week, I

swam 14,100 meters,
ran 13.98 miles,
lifted weights four times, and 
walked 6.75 miles.

For the year, I have swum
779,582 meters (484.5 miles), and 
run 936.05 miles.

The running is a little light due to some knee issues over the last few weeks. The swimming is my second all-time highest for a year behind the 873,842 of 2012. There is no way I can catch up with that, but still it already is a good swim year. From now on, it will become more and more difficult to get in swim distance. But we have not had so nice of an October in the past and I am trying my best take advantage of it. This week's weather forecast looks nice. Yeeha.

No comments:

Post a Comment