Monday, October 10, 2016

10/3 - 10/16

I think the running is coming back. So is the weight. I had a good food week, but somehow managed to pack on a few pounds. What else is new? Monday I hit the pool alone because John was out of pocket. He would be out all week until Friday and it showed in my totals. I just did not feel like working too hard. I swam and easy 2,000 then ran 3.6 miles.

Tuesday I did a little more but still too little swimming which is surprising because the water is perfect and it won't stay like this very long. I did not warm up but started with 100s @ 2:00. I did 30 of them and then cooled down with 300 wearing small paddles. After the swim I did a 5.43 multi-paced effort. I am a good one minute plus slower than my 5K pace before I became injured. That's life I guess.

Wednesday I did not swim. We had revival at Centerville from Wednesday through Friday so I was a little pressed for time. Jim Kelly preached and we had some really good services. I ran 2.04 easy miles and did some upper body weightlifting.

Thursday I only did a 2,100 straight swim and ran nothing. Friday, John was back and I once more did a straight swim this time for 5,400 meters. John was ready to go by then so we did and I ran a easy-paced 7.34 miles and did three sets of light squats afterwards.

Saturday we went to Kosciusko and French Camp with Gerald and Debbie. We had a nice time, I wore my Garmin, and recorded 2.35 miles of walking. Not a lot, but better than a poke in the eye. At Kosciusko we went to the flee market that we visited the last time we were there. Then at French Camp, they were holding their annual Harvest Festival. The weather was perfect, cool but shirt sleeve with a nice wind that kept things most pleasant.

For the week, I 

swam 12,800 meters,
ran 18.41 miles,
lifted weights two times, and
walked 4.88 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment