Thursday, November 15, 2018

Wonderful Wednesday

Wednesday was a good day. They all are, but some are more enjoyable than others. It started, the enjoyable part, with snow. Actually it began to sleet around 11:00 am and by noon it was snowing like it rarely does around here.If we have ever had snow this early in the year, I don't remember.

I went to to pool right after work and swam

1,500 straight
4 X 50 @:56
450 with small paddles
total: 2,150 yards.

The warm up was at a 1:50 pace, which while not fast, was the fastest I have done warm up swimming in a few weeks. The 50s at :56 was the first time I have done that in weeks, not because I had no desire, but because I forgot I had that programmed into my watch. That is a heart rate set, and I only did four reps to see what it felt like.It felt OK, and I hope to do it again today.

After the swim, Trevor and I met at the frozen Plate City Gym. We hit it hard and had fun. The novelty of working out in the ice was neat.

I waited a bit to run because at 5:30 there are still a lot of cars in downtown Greenwood. About 6:00 I headed out the door. It was cold and when I got onto the wooden part of the catwalk on the Fulton Street Bridge, I began to slip because of theicee. I only shuffled 2.16, but that puts me at almost nine miles for the week. I plan a big one Friday so I should have a good week in terms of miles.

I climbed out of bed this morning with the excitement and anticipation of an eight year old boy the night before Christmas. Today when I drive off campus, I will be off for ten days. Big training here I come. Beetsdown training here I come. Getting in shape, here I come. Thank you , Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment