Tuesday, August 17, 2021

First Day of Classes

Classes started Monday. Not only that, but we are conducting late registration so I had to be on campus until 4:00 p.m. The purpose of late registration is to teach students to be late. Our school is all over social media announcing that classes have started but it is not too late. 

I did not get up early and go to the pool. I slept in. I went to the pool after 5:00 and swam 2,200 straight. I did not even do any pickups, but my pace was pretty decent. Then I went home and lifted. I wanted to run, but the goal was to get my lifting done before it got dark. I do not want West Nile. That troubles me more than COVID. 

I did not make it. Before dark I mean. I was out there until dark, but I got in a good one. Remember last Monday? I failed miserably on my bench. Suddenly I had an epiphany two days age. I am on the heavy/light thing where I go 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 reps for five sets on the heavy day. When I make the 5 reps, I add weight. Two weeks ago, I made the 5 reps. I went up only two pounds, or so I thought, using some 11 pound plates in place of the usual 10s. My epiphany was that I had the bar loaded to 162 not 152. I was not sure, but that is what I was thinking. Last week, I only did 1, 2, 1, 1, and 1. So I was eager to press last night. I hit 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 at 152. That means I was off last week. Now, when I do get to 162, I will no for sure that I am stronger when I am able to do more reps.

So I was happy with the benching. I did a whole lot of lateral raises, some seated dips, and a few other things. On the NSM, I went for 3:35. Not a bad day, but no running. Thank you, Jesus, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment