Monday, August 23, 2021

HOD 4

HOD 4 was a mixed bag concerning training. I swam a fair amount, built up a little more time on the NSM, but fell off the face of the earth with my running. What the heck. Monday I did not run. I think I went to campus, I think, and worked late. I did swim 2,200 meters and put in a good session at the gym.

Tuesday is my long day at work. I have four classes and one of them lasts for three hours. I shuffled 2.43 miles, swam 2,000 meters, and lifted weights. That wasn't bad, not good, but not bad.

Wednesday, I ran 2.11 miles. The swimming remained around 2,000 all week. I got 2,147. The odd numbers always mean I swam in the little pool and converted the distance to meters. I lifted legs late that night.

Thursday I swam 2,239 meters, but did not run. I picked up a night class and it meets on Thursday so this is another impediment to my training.

Friday was finally mine again. I ran 1.2, swam 2,676 meters, and did a whole bunch of weight lifting.

Saturday was only a little swim of 1,416 meters, but a big bash at the gym. I worked pull and legs and retired for the night tired, spent, ready to rest.

For the week, I

  ran - 6.74 miles (WHAT!?!?!? This is unacceptable)
  swam - 12.698 meters,
  lifted five times, and
  did 15:56 on the NSM.

The swimming was not bad, and the NSM is coming up. That running, however, must improve. My goal for this week is to beat all the numbers above, more swimming, more running, more lifting, and more of the NSM. I have goals. I have the drive. My schedule is finally settling out; I'll make it work. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment