Saturday, April 16, 2022

Almost

For the first time since its inception, Plate City Gym was closed for three straight days. Friday morning, April 15, we were back in business. Pee Wee was happy to see me out there and he wagged big when Tyler drove up. We hit is pretty hard, the forty-lap kid and I. Praise God. 

John and I met at the pool. I swam

  4 X 25 breast
  2 X 75 breast with small paddles
  1,050 back 25:05
  50 free
  100 free
  total: 1,500 yards

That felt almost like a practice, and my confidence in my shoulder came up a little. I almost feel like I can train again. The problem is that I am out of time. My big swim meet is one week from today. 

*Sigh. 

Oh well. All I can do is all I can do.

I found time to go out for a short shuffle of 1.12 miles. The pace was barely walking speed. Wow. Three days off, and I clearly lost fitness. Praise the Lord anyway.

So I did three workouts in one day. That was almost like Quadrathon training. Almost. But we are out of time for almost. It must be the full-meal deal from now on until Quad week. God help us.

No comments:

Post a Comment