Monday, April 11, 2022

BBU 22

It was both a strong and a weak week. See what I did there? Monday morning we lifted weights as we almost always do. In the afternoon, I ran 2.45 miles. At the pool, because of my jacked up shoulder, I only did 800 yards of breast stroke.

Tuesday, I slept in. I don't remember why, but it was probably because Tyler was out of pocket. On the road, I did 3.5 miles, and I did not go to the pool.

Wednesday we were back in the gym working legs as we should. On the road I shuffled 3.13 miles. In the pool, I managed 1,100 yards of breast and back since I still cannot perform the crawl. Yeah, the Mississippi Senior Olympics is April 23, and I am registered for six events. Perfect.

Thursday we hit Plate City for push and pull. I am still doing the overhead instead of the bench press. On the Skierg, we are up to 5:10. Tough. I am hoping that this will keep me in the game as far as the pool goes. It uses the swimming muscles so my hope is that I will not lose too much water fitness while my swimming numbers are way low. If I can just do the crawl by April 23, maybe I will come out O.K. On the road I did 4.51, but I did not swim.

Friday, we did not lift. I ran 3.29 and did some yard work. Saturday, however, I busted out 11.5 on the road. In the afternoon, I visited Plate City for some light leg work as well as some Skiergging. Sunday was only an easy 1.9 as usual.

For the week, I

  Skiergged 23:17,
  lifted weights four times,
  cycled 1:20:16,
  ran 30.28, and
  swam 1,736 meters.

So it was a strong week for everything but swimming. I learned a long time ago that all I can do is all I can do. And I am doing all I can do. Consequently, I have not been fretting about my upcoming swim meet. I will show up and do the best I can. Praise the Lord anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment