Friday, April 22, 2022

Busy, Busy, Busy

Thursday was another busy one. We had another event in the evening, our Association annual Prayer Conference in Winona. Remember, we did Over 60s Monday and this Thursday made for one busy week plus some compacted and reduced training. I intended to get up even the Forty-lap Kid was still out. However, when 5:00 a.m. rolled around, I rolled around in the bed. At work, we had more food. Every day this week we have eaten. Can you spell fat?

I did make it to the pool with a little more confidence than I have had in the past few weeks. I swam

  1,800 36:09
  3 X 50 46, 46, 43
  150 back
  2 X 25 breast
  50 easy
  total: 2,250 yards

The 1,800 was all crawl, so I feel a lot better about that. Then on the 50s, I pushed a bit, enough to work those speed fibers but not enough to work my heartrate. I hope to do that today.

Back home, I went to Plate City. I did not do enough to call it a lifting session. I worked corator tuffs, reverse flys, and some lateral raises. Mostly, I just spent a little time with Pee Wee and enjoyed being out there. Then I went out for a short shuffle before we left for Winona. Although I only did 1.1 miles, it was a run and thus better than a poke in the eye.

Senior Olympics is in one week, Quadrathon is in 41 days, and the State Games of Mississippi is in 43 days. Oh yeah. Fun, fun, and more fun. Thank you, Jesus and help us get in top shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment