Sunday, July 31, 2022

A Discovery

Saturday was another slow-start day for me. I studied and lounged and drank coffee. Then I made a trip to a neighboring town to buy something off Facebook Market Place. Yes, it was exercise stuff. I know what you are thinking. You don't need anything else. Trust me, need has nothing to do with it.

The trip cut a big hole into the day so I did not go to the pool. I had planned to swim and to ride. BBB is next Saturday, and I have ridden by bicycle exactly once in July. I think once. Not enough.

I did, however, go to Plate City where I worked on pull and legs. For legs, I did something new. I performed a circuit of squats, stationary bicycle, and treamill. I went for four rounds, resting between rounds. It was a solid workout and one that sort of set my brain on fire with possibilities. Also, I played with some of the new equipment.

I think I learned something, something that might help me regain some of my lost running fitness. While running on the treadmill, I found that at even a slight incline, I can feel my gluteous maximus engage. That-- the lack of glute engagement-- is part of what is wrong with my running. So guess what? Yeah, maybe twice per week. We will see what we will see, but I have hope that my slow running times will become just a little bit less slow. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment