Monday, November 28, 2022

11/21 - 11/27

Not all my goals were achieved during my Thanksgiving break, but I hit the big one, the one that matters most right now. I was asked before the break by one of my collegues what I had planned for our time off. I said, "Big running, swimming everyday, and going to the gym." I didn't do all of that, but I did do some big running.

Monday I did not go to the pool since I had a really massive day planned. I drove to Dollar General at Carrollton and ran out Highway 17 to Coila, into its subburbs, and back. That totalled 17.22 miles to get me off to a good start to achieve my number one goal of running at least 40 miles for the week. 

Tuesday I got up and swam 1,100 yards with Tyler. Later, I shuffled 3.21 miles.

I swam one more time Wednesday. This time I went for 1,150 yards. On the road, I hit 3.14. I also went to the gym where I did push and pull, but let the legs rest.

Of course Thursday was Thanksgiving. I ran to Hillbilly Heaven, went up the big hill, and shuffled all the way in. That gave me another 14.16 miles to bring my total up to 37.73 miles. 

Friday was our annual shopping trip to Jackson. Zane and I ran not once, but twice. Actually, they were both short and only totalled 2.35 miles. But that gave me the 40 miles I was looking for. 

Saturday found me tired. Since a few things were sore, I decided not to run at all. No need to get greedy when I already achieved my goal. That is how you get hurt, grasping for more. I had already given my body plenty to recover from. With Saturday and Sunday off, I should recover well and be ready to resume good training this week. I did go to Plate City and worked the whole body. Also, we had another Thanksgiving meal with Forrest and Paul. 

For the week, I

  lifted weigths two times,
  skiergged 4:30 minutes,
  swam 2,056 meters, and
  ran 40.08 miles

The running was good, very good. Everything else was off, but I spent some quality and quantity time with the family, and ran some big numbers. The Carroll County run had 1,224 feet of climbing. Not bad. I had fun. I needed the break, and by the grace of God, I took advantage of it. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment